Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hola Todos!

Welcome to the inaugural post of the Sameliad, chronicling the amazing adventures of Sam and Amelia through time and space. We are currently on our way to Buenos Aires in a Boeing 7-something-7,. we are 10.668km above the earth and have travelled 7043km from Sydney -  that’s greater than the radius of the earth! (i think). We have seen the south island of New Zealand and will fly over the Andes in a couple of hours. Our current ground velocity is 1076 km/h. that’s 17.933 km/min! that’s 298.888 m/sec!!! given my svelt weight of 63 kg (cough) at this speed i would have a momentum of approx. 18830 Ns. If I collided with a 1.5 tonne car at rest such that it stopped me in my tracks I would send that car off at a speed of 45.19 km/hour! But we haven’t seen any 5th element style skycars around yet so this shouldn’t be a significant issue. See, we’re learning something already!

We spent last night at my brilliant cousin Emily’s ex-apartment in Sydney last night. She hooked us up with all this excellent gourmet food to gorge ourselves on, which is excellent because food is something we won’t be seeing much of for a while. Jordan also came up from Canberra to see us off and we got to meet Jordan’s lovely girlfriend who is lovely.

Anyway, I don’t want to cause the plane to crash from electrical interference so I’ll wrap it up for now.

-Sam-

2 comments: